About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Wednesday 19 January 2011

Moments Like This...

Told you I'd be back...just made it before bedtime, lol

I've spent this evening playing about with this fold, can't remember where I've seen it recently but wanted to give it a try. Basically I used a sheet of brown A4 cardstock and trimmed it widthways to 5 3/4". I then scored at 1" and 2" creating a mountain and valley fold respectively. The remainder of the card I then folded in half (another mountain fold).

Using my MS punch to create the ironwork border it looks like Tilda is sat in front of it, having perched her on the first mountain fold. (hope this is making sense to you, lol). All the DP are from my stash. Flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The brad and dragonfly eyelet are also from my stash.

I've coloured Tilda with copics as follows :-
skin - E21, 93 and Promarker Satin
hair - E31, 33, 35
suit - B93, 95, 97
socks - YR12, 15
shoes - E33, 35
beads - BG09

Hopefully this second picture will enable you to understand my instructions. Hope you like it, x

I'm entering it into the following challenges:-

Just Magnolia #89 - My favourite things (copics, flowers and pearls/gems)
Allsorts #89 - Teal Blue and Brown
Pile It On #3 - Anything Goes
Simon Says - Bingo (I've used die-cuts, flowers, and gems)
http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/2011/01/simon-saysbingo.html

7 comments:

  1. Fab card - great fold and super LO
    Thanks for playing along at Allsorts with us this week and good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love this fold. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's gorgeous - love the fold.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and colour scheme. Glad to see you back again!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card the image is so sweet...x

    Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs Kirsten...x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun project! LOVE it! Thanks so much for joining us at Pile it on this week! Hope you’ll be back to join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable sweet card, pretty colours and love the swirl.
    Lovely that you could join us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated