About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Monday 6 August 2012

Getting Mobile and some Ear Warmers

Hello All, hope you're having a lovely day. Wanted to share one of the ear warmers I rustled up over the weekend with a crochet embellishment. This one is in the lovely James Brett Marble Chunky yarn, lovely to knit with and easy to wash.

Well, the mobility is improving. I was started on 'walking duties' last week at physio, not technically weight bearing but putting the foot down all the same. I have to take most of my weight through my good leg and crutches but its a start. I've been building up gradually and today managed quite a fair distance. Hubby follows with the wheelchair and we continue our outing on wheels, well I do, lol.

Need to get motivated for packing up the house. Only 3 weeks to removal day.....aaagh!!!

TTFN, x

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are going in the right direction. Polly is looking good in her lovely new creation. At this rate she'll be doing the Christmas Craft Fairs with you.
    Love Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you are making progress Alison. Love the ear warmers but hope you don't get to wear them just yet, still waiting for a bit of 'proper' summer.
    Ann B
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, three weeks, eh? Really do NOT envy you, and especially in your state. You'll be almost ready to go by the time I get back, so I hope all goes well and you manage to get things done. Pity you don't live a little closer cos I'd have come to help :-) Must have a go at the ear warmers - minus flower for me (don't do flowers) - it's cold at Edge Hill Station and especially in the Winter! Glad you managed to 'walk' a little - well done, you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brill ear warmers Alison. Good to know the mobility has started. Enjoy the Hydro.
    Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the ear warmers Alison and glad you have managed a little bit of walking, hope it continues to improve. Don't envy you the move, especially the way you are, take care and don't over do things

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated