About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Saturday 7 August 2010

More piccies from Rabat

Evening All. I've been on a brill workshop today with the lovely ladies from Viccy Stampers and made an accordion book shown to us by the lovely Gill Yin.

What has that to do with the piccies I hear you ask. Well, cos I was out all day and got home cream crackered, I decided to bore you with yet more piccies from our trip to Morocco.

These are from one of the sights we visited in Rabat - The Hassan Mosque and Mohammed V Mausoleum.

The Mosque itself was never completed. You can see the minaret from just about everywhere in Rabat but only the pillars for the Mosque stand. If it had been completed it would have been the second largest Mosque in the Islamic World.

BTW, that's DH sneaking into the photo.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
Here are some more wonderful examples of the fabulous mosaic work which is visible all over Morocco.

The central piece looks like it housed a fountain at one point.







Finally, this is a view of the Mausoleum which houses the tomb of King Mohammed V and his 2 sons.

The tomb is guarded by 2 guards on each of the entrances and by 2 guards on horseback on the outer walls.

The architecture and mosaics inside were fabulous.

You can see the pillars for the unfinished Mosque in this outside view of the Mausoleum.

Hope you're enjoying the photos, x

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Ali ... I love seeing such amazing places and architecture.
    Great to see you y'day,
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly am enjoying the photo's Alison, they are gorgeous.Thanks for sharing them with us.
    Sue said thanks and was so chuffed you remembered her

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated