About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Friday 20 August 2010

Step-Daughter's Birthday Card

This is the card I've made for my eldest Step-Daughter's birthday today.

I've made a variation of the criss-cross card using papers from '7 Gypsies'. I just love the subtle combination of these papers.

This top image shows the card closed.

The stamp is by Hero Arts called ' Postale Lady'. I've stamped this twice on the DP and then torn the right hand side to mirror the effect made by the stamp and then overlaid it onto the second stamped image. It's not clear in the picture but it does add some dimension to the image.

I've then mounted this onto more DP and then some green cardstock.

The edging lace was some I got from the now 'deceased' Katy's Corner shop :((( It is beautiful and I ration my use of it, lol.

The ribbon is threaded through punched out slots before being tied.

This shows the card open. I think it works better opening on one side as it is then able to stand unsupported.

I've made a pocket effect on the left so that we can pop a cheque inside for the birthday girl, and I've used my new Martha Stewart punch to edge it.






This final image shows the insert propped up against the opened card.

The DP lends itself perfectly for writing a message as the lines are already in place.

I've stamped a verse in the bottom corner and the tab at the top is made by using an adhesive mount included in the DP pack and folding it over so that it stuck to itself.

I hope you like it, I certainly enjoyed making it although the air was a bit 'blue' at times, lol, x
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I am sure she will love it Alison you have put a lot of work into it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated