About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Wednesday 23 March 2011

O Christmas Tree

Evening Peeps, another Christmas card for the box. This time I've kept it simple by using the Cuttlebug 'lace tree' embossing folder on mirri card. Now! I'm entering this into the Bah Humbug challenge which was to use metallic and in my simple mind that meant mirri card...whether its cos its shiny and to me that meant metallic, I dunno...anyhow as a back up I popped a metallic brad in the top corner, lol. I've also popped some red gems on the tree.

The DP is Basic Grey 'jovial' from Crafty Emma's Store.

I hope you like it and the challenge links are below, x

Bah Humbug #11 - Metallics
http://bah-humbug-christmas.blogspot.com/2011/03/challenge-11-metallic.html
Winter Wonderland - Embossing
http://christmasblogchallenge.blogspot.com/2011/03/embossing-dryheat.html
Paper Sundaes #61 - Embossing
http://papersundaes.blogspot.com/2011/03/paper-sundaes-challenge-61-embossing.html

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card Alison, gorgeous papers.
    Thank you so much for taking part in my fundraising candy.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is lovely....fab embossing. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and of course mirri board counts - it is metallic.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! what a lovely embossing job you've done on this card. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yesssssss Alison. Mirricard always looks good and definitely counts as metallic in my book! Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that tree, Alison !! Gorgeous !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated