About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Sunday 14 April 2013

52 Weeks of Happy - 15/52


The highlight of our week was going to the Red Kite Centre near Aberystwyth (on the A44 9 miles outside of the town) to see the Red Kites being fed. Such an amazing sight and truly magnificent birds.

Above you can see the actual feeding frenzy and hopefully you will be able to click on the following 2 pictures to enable you to see the colours of these birds in more detail.
So difficult to photograph with my run of the mill point and click camera.



Here's a picture of the little lady trying to get to grips with Grandad's binoculars with me fretting that she may just drop them in the lake.

Aw bless. She managed to get a half decent photo of the old folks. It was a tad chilly that day.

 Before the Red Kite Centre we had popped into Aberystwyth and caught sight of these guys out surfing on the waves. Hopefully you can spot the one who is currently upright.












These beautiful flowers were a gift from my friend Jo of JoZart, who with her husband came to tea at the Hobbit House. As you can see Jo, they did survive the fall and car journey and live on in a bigger pot. Thank You.


So my 4 things of happy for this week are:-

1 - Watching the Red Kites being fed
2 - Enjoying a lovely evening with Jo and her hubby
3 - Making a Birthday card which I showed in my last post
4 - A little bit of sun and warmth meandering into my week.

Hope you've had a good weekend, x

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic to see all those kites! That's a MUST now for me! Thanks again for such a lovely evening and delish meal (and wine) too. Glad the plant survived it's trauma and I must say your's is the most spacious Hobbit House I could ever imagine, it's just perfect. Better shut up now or you'll have a queue waiting to visit!!!
    love Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a wonderful week,
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never even knew about the Red Kite Centre, fabulous. Looks as if you had a wonderful time. Nice to see the little 'un enjoying herself - and she did great with that camera.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated