About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Sunday 22 June 2014

A beautiful day

What a beautiful Sunday its turned out to be, and hubby and  I are stuck indoors:((
Before I bore you with the details here's another one of those 'fancy' scarves I rustled up for the Little Lady....apparently she doesn't have enough!!! I thought the pretty colours would be great in the summer evenings when she just needed a little something to keep out the chill. Her response....lovely Grandma but are you making me one for the winter too???
So, why are we stuck indoors on this glorious day? Well poor hubby has been battling food poisoning since Wednesday evening following a meal out with friends...thankfully I wasn't there. He's actually considering trying some toast this evening which will be a vast improvement on water and dioralyte.

#2 Son came to stay on Friday for the weekend, planning on going home tomorrow. This was an absolute blessing as he was able to help with dog walking and other heavy 'man' type jobs that I'm still not able to do, thanks to this wretched disease I've got. Then to scupper that I had to join hubby and have been up all night with stomach cramps and vomiting....lovely! So #1 Son to the rescue came over this morning to take #2 Son home as we couldn't envisage how to get him back tomorrow and #1 Son would be working.

The biggest down-side of all of this is we missed out on the 'Beach Party' being held at my Mum's Nursing Home, and I was so hoping to share some wonderful photos of the residents in deckchairs, feet in paddling pools, sandpits in use and the obligatory ice-cream van. So pleased they've had a beautiful day for it though.

So whilst it would appear I've come out in sympathy with hubby I've told him I'm not sharing my disease with him....it's all mine and not for sharing.

I hope everyone else is enjoying their Sunday and basking in some beautiful sunshine, x

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your birthday greetings. I love ecards!
    I nearly escaped attention but for Dolores in Slovenia letting the cat out of the bag but I do appreciate everyone's lovely comments.
    Love from the old Dude, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing a quick dash round to say hello this morning before I start another busy day [and I've got to fit a hair cut in today too!]. Thanks for calling by on me yesterday.
    Sorry to hear your hubby has been so poorly and hope the toast stayed down and he's making a good recovery now.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated