About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Wednesday 3 March 2010

Back from Paris and the Fruit Family

Sorry I've not blogged but been catching up on 'life' since we got back from Paris on Monday.
What a fabulous weekend we had with DH's relies and the weather was warm and sunny.
We were made to feel so welcome at DH's cousin's home and his 100 year old Auntie is amazing.

Anyway, on our last evening we got a little bit silly, nothing to do with the wine, of course. Julie, daughter in law to be, was showing us some napkin folding which results in a lily flower type effect. The finished article would look lovely with a bread roll in the centre, but not having one available we improvised with an apple!!!
Anyway, I thought I could improve on that so I stood a wine glass on the 'lily' napkin and after placing the apple on the top of the glass proceeded to dress it in 2 further napkins to make a little 'person'.....ok! Not to be outdone, Julie then got a lemon and made a face, albeit a rather sad one, and sat it in another glass. So now we had Mr Lemon and Mrs Apple. Perhaps he was sad at his lack of height, lol.
















Having taken the necessary 'wedding' photo, we decided it was time for a baby apple or lemon so a banana posing as a stork flew overhead to deliver the news.....As you can see the banana, sorry stork, need some assistance.





As you can imagine there was much giggling going on. Not sure I should be let out really.....

2 comments:

  1. LOL, you still on the wine????? Sounds as if you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much wine had you consumed then? Sounds like a real hoot! Glad to hear you had a great time and thanks again for my fab card,
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated