About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Monday 15 March 2010

Friday Sketcher #93; Pixie Cottage; Gingersnap Creations GC46

Good evening everyone. Before I tell you about this little card let me update you on the bunny.

Well, poor little thing hadn't eaten or drunk anything all weekend, subsequently we had a clean hutch...so I took him back to the vets this pm and they are keeping him for a couple of days. He's quite poorly, probably the stress of his injury. I kept thinking over the weekend that I would just find him!!!! Anyway, hopefully he will pull round but I'll know more in the morning.

Now on a more cheerful note I created this card with the current Pixie Cottage theme in mind which was 'Green'. Bet you didn't work that one out, lol. I used Friday Sketchers #93 sketch as my starting point and have been able to include it in the current Gingersnap Challenge which is frosting (gold ep on the background).


I created the 2 background strips by creating a serendipity type effect and then embossing in gold some of the background images from a clear Stamptivity set.


The little boy (he's even got green wings) is one of Lisa's Altered Art images and he is layered onto a chipboard piece which I have coloured with Adirondack dabbers in Sandal, Willow and Gold.



I hope you like it and the challenge links are below, x
http://fridaysketchersblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/friday-sketchers-93-sponsored-by-la-la.html

http://thepixiecottage.blogspot.com/2010/03/pixie-cottage-challenge-11-color-green.html


http://gingersnapcreations.blogspot.com/2010/03/gc46-spicy-supply-challenge-frosting.html

8 comments:

  1. Great vintage style card!
    Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the bunny is hanging in there!
    You card is beautiful. Thanks for playing at the Pixie COttage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon to the bun, poor fluffy love.
    Love your card... very suitable for St Patrick's Day tomorrow too!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful vintage inspired card! Your image is gorgeous and your details are fab! Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage.
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card with a great image! Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage!

    Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. prayers for the bunny! love the little boy with wings! great card! Thank you for GOING GREEN with the PIXIE COTTAGE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so whimsical and delightful!! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap frosting challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated