About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Sunday 21 March 2010

LOTV #49; Colour Create #40 and Creative Cottage #2

Good Evening everyone and I hope you've all had a lovely day of sunshine too. Must admit wasn't happy with yesterday's weather but the odd rainy day I can cope with.

I started making this card this afternoon for my Step-Daughter's birthday which is coming up at the end of the week. Then I had to break off to trundle into Leeds to watch the Solid Silver 60s show. Brill!

Onto the card. I followed the sketch set by the current Lili Of The Valley Challenge, using the colours on the current Colour Create Challenge which were Mint, Chocolate and White. You want to hop over to their blog to drool over their photographic inspiration, although diet warning.....just looking will make you gain 7lbs, lol. Finally, the Creative Cottage were asking for us to incorporate flowers. So as well as the prima flowers I mounted my Lisa's Altered Art piccie onto a chipboard tulip shape. Good or what eh??? BTW, the little girl has 'Queen' on her hat.

I created the mint colour for the tulip shape by mixing Claudine Helmuth paints in Sky Blue and Yellow Pastel. I also coloured 2 small chipboard circles with the same colour. I then punched holes in these and fastened to the card with brads. It just gives a peek of the colour below the brads. I edged the tulip shape with Adirondack dabbers in Hazelnut and Espresso.

Colour Create also gave an optional extra challenge of using texture. The left-hand border is bazill card which has a texture to it and the prima flowers are embossed. The little pearls extending from the flowers are white but I tinted them with Copic Ciao Light Orange (YR02).

I hope you like it and the challenge links are below, x

http://liliofthevalleythursdaychallenge.blogspot.com/2010/03/challenge-49.html

http://colourcreatechallenge.blogspot.com/2010/03/challenge-40-mint-chocolate-and-cream.html

http://creativecottagechallenge.blogspot.com/2010/03/creative-cottage-challenge-2-flowers.html

9 comments:

  1. By Alison you aren't half into these challenges, great cards keep em coming

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, the embossed flowers are so pretty...thanks so much for joining in the fun at Creative Cottage :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's lovely, Alison and very imaginative use of the challenge themes.
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Alison. The shaped matting behind the image is gorgeous. A beautiful image and papers too - but I love the flowers!
    Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to use a tulip shape for the main image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, a great image in fab colours,a great take on our sketch, thanks for joining us at LOTV this time hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me smile. Great card. Lynne M x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, love the flowers and beautiful image. Thanks for taking part in the LOTV Challenge!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely - and so very different the way you have placed the image inside the flower shape.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated