About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Friday 15 July 2011


Evening Peeps. A bit late today, I've been going to bed quite early recently in case I get a call out in the night to Mum, but I wanted to upload this before I headed to the land of nod.

I wanted to enter the Tuesday Morning Sketches challenge which is asking for a card with a detachable bookmark. Now, this really wasn't my best effort but my preferred card is for an upcoming birthday and I don't want to chance spoiling the lady's surprise by posting it here before she receives it.

Anyhow, my inspiration comes from my good friend Diane of Inky Meanderings. I'm not sure where she got the idea from. Once I had made sense of the measurements I found it quite easy to assemble.

As you can see, its an 'off-centre' gate-fold card with ribbon to slide the bookmark into.
The central picture above is an Ikea notecard. The DP and images are all by Crafty Individuals.


Here's the card showing the bookmark out of its holder. 

I hope you like it and here comes the challenge link, x


13 comments:

  1. Wow, I love how you have incorporated the bookmark into your card...genius! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is stunning Alison... you really are on a roll just lately with all you are making! A good way to channel your mind away from all your worries and pressures.....
    Love Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alison
    I love your card. Great colours, always a huge fan of CI stamps/products and brilliant use of a postcard.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing CB. I love this inside image on your card. The bookmark is fabulous. Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great - love the colours you've used.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Thanks for playing along with us this week at TMS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This a great travel card and the bookmark is fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Pet you have excelled yourself, a lot of work gone into that, brill

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, this is gorgeous and I love this template for a detachable bookmark. Thanks for sharing and playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful Alison, gorgeous colours.
    Time is flying by...soon be October ;-)
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card and we need you to teach us how to do it - pretty please,
    Love the images you have used - very pretty and dreamy. Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow Alison I love this design, the ikea postcard is stunning and the design of the card matches it just perfectly
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's lovely, Alison! I really love the central image and the combination of colours! I just made it up by the way - I'd committed myself to teaching a bookmark card and then I had to invent one for the class!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated