About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Friday 22 July 2011

Splash Out and Have Fun


Good Morning Peeps. Just got this card made in the nick of time as its my eldest Son's birthday tomorrow and he's coming over later today for the weekend. Weather permitting a BBQ is on the menu.
I found it so hard to think of a subject to use for his card and thought this little fella by Doodle Pantry was rather cute and the sentiment I created on the PC sums up just what my Son should be doing at the moment.
 Anyhows, I've coloured him with copics and due to accidental ink splots I stippled a matching versacolour to the text areas, lol. The papers are by Bo Bunny. Or should I say paper as I got all of this out of one double-sided 12 x 12 sheet. The lime'ish green paper is from my stash and the piece behind the birdie I've run through my cuttlebug 'swiss dots' folder.


It was quite difficult creating an A5 easel card and getting the balance right without it toppling backwards but I'm pleased with the end result. The punched out vines are from a Martha Steward punch.

I'd like to enter it for the following challenges and the links are below. Hope you like it, x

Sketch Saturday #164 - Sketch
Moving Along With The Times #108 - Cute, Cuddly and a Punch
Papertake Weekly - Getting Cute
Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge #4 - Stock The Pantry (DPSTP04)
http://doodlepantryblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/stock-pantry-challenge-4.html

13 comments:

  1. Alison this is really adorable.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great easel card! Love the colors and buttons! :) I'm sure your son will love it. Thanks for playing with us at the Doodle Pantry Stock the Pantry challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Love your easel card and what you did with this sweet lil birdie. Your color palette is so cool and inviting, perfect for summer...I felt cooler just looking at it. Thanks for joining us in our new Stock the Doodle Pantry Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your easel card and you have coloured the birdie so well!! Love the colour scheme you chose, wonderful. Thanks for joining the Doodle Pantry Stock the Pantry challenge #4.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card Alison, such a wonderful image and I love the colours. The punch is very pretty and finishes it off perfectly. Thanks for joining in with our Cute and Cuddly with a Punch challenge at MAWTT this week, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What asuper cute image and just great for our challenge over at Papertake this week.

    xx Happy crafting xx

    Sazzle

    http://sazzlecraft.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Alison, I love that image and the shades of blue go with the purples and greens so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Alison, bet he loved it. Hope you got your barbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous card Alison, I love the colours and such a sweet image.
    Loving knitting for our little one, not done any for years but a perfect excuse now to sit with my feet up clacking the needles!! ;-)
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a delightful card - I'm sure your son just loved it. Your design is terrific and the coloring of the image is wonderful. Thanks for playing in the Doodle Pantry challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card!!! The colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just adorable Alison. Thanks for joining us at Papertake. Hugs Tracy GDT x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did awesome! I love the mention of the ink spots mistake. Many times great things come out of "mistakes".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated