About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Thursday 14 July 2011

Less Is More #23 and Crafty Cardmakers #50


And here is my second card for the day. This time I played around with some of the mini ink pads to get the colours I wanted. The beautiful bird image is by Simple Expressions and I've used Versamagic in Olive Green and Sahara Sand, and VersaColor in Atlantic and Lagoon Blue. The sentiment, also stamped in Sahara Sand, is by Hero Arts. I find this sentiment so versatile and use it so much that I can't imagine what I ever did without it.

The current Less Is More Challenge is for a one-layer card depicting something with legs, and the Crafty Cardmakers are also looking for a one-layer card.

I hope you like it and the links are below, x

http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.com/2011/07/week-23-one-layer.html

http://craftycardmakers.blogspot.com/2011/07/challenge-50-one-layer-card.html

12 comments:

  1. Hi Alison
    Always good to see you post on your blog.
    A real elegance to your card and such beauty.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Alison - I love it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bird stamp, wonder if he is landing or taking off! very gentle coulours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bird image and great colours too,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely in it's simplicity Alison. Love it!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an ethereal look to this card... just lovely!
    Thank you so much!
    Chrissie
    Lay LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really subtle and delicate
    Lovely card
    Thank you for entering another card
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is Beautiful! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful card. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Allison! That is a great card. I love the C&S cards. Great job as always!

    Thanks for your recent visit to my blog.

    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is really pretty Alison, love that bird stamp

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card Alison, thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated