About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Sunday 14 August 2011

Another 'C' card but not as you know it....


Yep, that's right its 'C' for Cheers not Christmas, lol. That's for the benefit of the very talented Jo of Jozarty, tee! hee!
I've made this easel card for our neighbour who will be 70 next week and is partial to a pint or two. The stamp is by Funstamps and it is one of my favourites for blokey cards although I confess I haven't used it for ages. I've coloured it with good ole copics and then a fav thing of mine is to add white liquid applique to the 'head' and once its dry and then heated with the heat gun it resembles over-flowing froth.
In keeping with the theme I've used a flattened bottle top as the stop, coloured the rim with a copic, added a punched circle of co-ordinating paper and adhesive numbers.

I'd like to enter it into the following challenges and hope you like it, x

Crafty Creations #131 - Male Birthday and Sketch
The Play Date Cafe (PDCC94) - Fudge, Goldenrod and Teal
Crafts & Me #47 - Make It Count
Totally Papercrafts #79 - Food and Drink



9 comments:

  1. Great idea for the froth! Love the card and i'm sure your neighbour will too.
    It's is still a C card...... C for "Cheers" !!! but one I am happy with!
    Love Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, your cheeers image looks fabulous on this great birthday card. Lovin' those numbers in your bottle cap too! So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's Make It Count challenge. ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous!! I absolutely love your take on the sketch with this great masculine birthday card!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so rich! Plus, who doesn't love beer on a card? Ha! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many well-thought-out elements to create such a uniquely cohesive design! Fabulous work! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great male card and take on the sketch. Love the frothy tip. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Creations. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your easel card, I still have yet to make one, must get that off my to do list. This is a great guy card! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super fun card this is and just right for our color story! So great to have you at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahahaha.... Yep that is food and drink in one!!! Great easel card! Thanks for joining us this week at Totally papercraft challenge. Hope you will be back next week!
    Hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated