About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Papertake Weekly

Evening Peeps. Well its wet and wild here in West Yorkshire. However, despite that we've had a lovely day out today with our 2 sons and little grand-daughter. The original plan was to go to Flamingoland however once we saw the forecast, on the advice of a friend, we went to Thornton Hall Country Farm near Skipton. We managed to do the outside stuff before the rain really set in including a bumpy ride in a cart thingy towed by a quad bike thingy around the farm. This also involved going through a field of cows with their calves and the daddy!!! Oh boy, wasn't he a big lad. My eldest son thought he was going to get into the cart beside him, lol.
On our return we were able to help with feeding the lambs and calves with their milk. Magic. Casey absolutely loved it and got really confident at approaching the animals including goats and giving them the feed pellets. She was also excellent in going to the wash station straight away and washing her hands.  I was able to feed 2 calves at the same time, that was after one of them had suckled on my hand for about 5 minutes. Quite a soothing warm feeling actually. So cute.

Anyway, enough of that back to the card. This is one I made a little while ago but hadn't got around to uploading. The papers are by K & Co 'Que Sera Sera', image is Sugar Nellie, and the sentiment is LOTV. Image of course is coloured with copics. Flowers are from Crafty Emma's Store and the leaves are made with my Martha Stewart punch.

Hope you like it and I'm entering it in this week's Papertake Weekly challenge which is 'grow your own'.
http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.com/2011/08/grow-your-own.html

3 comments:

  1. I love this one, Alison - so cute and lovely embellies!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful double easel card love the image so cute thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card - another one to show us (please). Loved reading about your day out - ages since I fed a calf but I can still remember the feeling.

    Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated