About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Saturday 6 August 2011

How Many Candles???


Evening Peeps, hope you're all having a good weekend. I've had a lovely day catching up with friends and crafting at our monthly Viccy Stampers get together.

I've got a few cards 'floating around' that I haven't been able to upload before now because they hadn't been received by their intended recipients. This is one of them. A 70th birthday card for a lovely lady at our Viccy Stampers Group. I call her 'Mum' cos her daughter and I share the same surname so we're sort of honorary sisters, lol. Anyhow, apart from the DP on the left which is from my stash, the others are Websters 'Sweet Season' from Crafty Emma's Store. The brads I think are Papermania. Lots of calorie free yummies here, lol.


As you can see, its a gate fold card with a bit of a difference. Tilda has been coloured with copics, as have the stamped cupcakes (Papermania) which I've then added some stickles to for sparkle.
 The difference bit is the included bookmark which slots behind the ribbons.

As I'm uploading this to share I thought I would enter it into the challenges below. Hope you like it, x

Cupcake Craft Challenge #153 - How Old?
http://cupcakecraftchallenges.blogspot.com/2011/08/cupcake-153-how-old.html
Colour Create - Pink, green and white + optional cooking
http://colourcreatechallenge.blogspot.com/2011/07/challenge-76-pink-green-and-white.html
Crafts & Me #46 - Anything Goes
http://craftsandmechallenges.blogspot.com/2011/08/challenge-46-anything-goes.html

8 comments:

  1. Lots of time and effort on that, Alison - bet she loved it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful design Alison and a lovely colour combination...thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card Alison - the cupcakes look yummy.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you yesterday Alison - less calories in the cakes on your card than in the danish pastries (or come to that, in the chips).
    Clever gatefold and such pretty papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Alison, what a great design with the ribbons to hold the bookmark.

    Many thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Craft Challenges.

    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see you yesterday but didn't manage to chat enough with being so craftily busy and so many there. Lovely card you made for your honorary Mum...
    Love Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS - gems yes, peel offs NEVER, lol :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful creation. Fabulous design and
    lovley use of our colours:-))
    Thanks for joining in with us over at Colour Create.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated