About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Thursday 29 April 2010

Create4Fun #17 and Our Creative Corner - Blossoms/Flowers

A very good friend of mine told me it was going to be 21 degrees today. The last of the nice weather before a typically rubbish bank holiday weekend..... What can I say.....it has been persistently raining here for most of the day, which is great for the garden but not for dog walking.


Anyway, I made this card yesterday evening for the Create4Fun # 17 sketch challenge. A challenge it certainly was, as it is very prescriptive in the measurements of all the various layers. However, using a Papermania pack made it easier blending the various papers. The Magenta stamp was slightly too narrow for the paper but not to be defeated I added some ribbon from my stash and pearls from The Hobby House. I really like the colour combination and find I am being increasingly drawn to the orange pallette.


I'm also entering this into the current Our Creative Corner challenge for blossoms/flowers.


I hope you like it and the challenge links are below, x

http://create4fun-challenge.blogspot.com/2010/04/challenge-week-17.html

http://ourcreativecorner6.blogspot.com/2010/04/occ-challenge-blooming-blossoms.html

3 comments:

  1. beautiful card!!
    Thans for playing at the Create4fun Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that's one of my favourite flower stamps. Must get it out again. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card and so pretty, I love the colours.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated