About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Friday 23 April 2010

Today's Challenge Upload and Doggy Update

Good Evening Bloggers. I haven't had much time today for crafting as I was able to have a long overdue catch up with a friend which involved lunch, chatting, shopping, chatting, coffee and cake and more chatting.....you get the picture.

Joss, the dog, is much brighter today but we still can't get her to keep the 'lampshade' on. If she continues to lick the wound then we'll have to go back to the vets for maybe a different size. The problem is that she regularly has her nails manicured to keep them in tip top long condition, so she is able to hook them under the collar and drag it off. Even though I thought I'd tied it tight enough to choke her... Apart from that she is going for an Oscar for the best 'woe is me' performance, lol. No photos yet but maybe tomorrow.

Anyway I've managed to cobble together this card for the Sketch and Stash #33 Challenge following their sketch and using a new Crafty Individuals stamp, new buttons from Art From The Heart and new DP which is Papermania. Don't you just love those colours.

Colour Q #29 was challenging us to use Bravo Burgundy (the ink is ColorBox fluid chalk in Maroon); Tangerine Tango, YoYo Yellow, Green Galore and White.

Finally Paper Sundae are challenging us to NOT use people in our creation.

I used the same CI image on both the main image and on the circle cut image which has been mounted on a nestie shape.

I hope you like it and the challenge links are below, x

http://sketchandstashchallenge.blogspot.com/2010/04/sketch-and-stash-challenge-33.html

http://colourq.blogspot.com/2010/04/colourq-challenge-29.html

http://papersundaes.blogspot.com/2010/04/paper-sundaes-fourteenth-challenge.html

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at PS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, fabulous paper & I love those flowers! Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Sundaes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card and such pertty papers,thank you for joining us at sketch and stash

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, how pretty! A really beautiful card!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have brought all those colours together so well. A fresh upbeat card. Lynne M x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated