About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Wednesday 7 April 2010

Pixie Cottage; CraftsandMe; Totally Papercrafts; Simon Says

Evening everyone. I've been busy this evening and have made 3 cards. I think its because I've had a lovely day out today meeting up with the lovely Linda aka Boots from Scotland who is a member of our Yahoo Group. I came home buzzing, got loadsa stuff done indoors and then got busy crafting and I still don't feel ready for bed. No doubt I won't be able to get up in the morning when I need to for a crafting day at Art From The Heart.

Anyway, to my first card which I have really enjoyed making. I just love the way the colours have come together.

I've used the new Pixie Cottage sketch challenge as the baseline and incorporated their optional extra of embossing by using one of my new cuttlebug border embossing folders on the check DP.

Crafts and Me have just launched their first challenge which was Fairies or Wings and I love this little digital image from Mo Manning which I've coloured with copics. I've added a little bit of sparkle to the cupcake. Incidentally Totally Papercrafts (#10) are challenging us to use a digital image so this fits in nicely with the theme.

Finally, Simon Says is challenging us to make a card for a child.

The pink flowers and brads are from my stash as is the DP which is HOTP. The white flowers and pearls are from Wild Orchid Crafts, and the leaves are a McGill punch which I got from the Hobby House stand at the NEC along with the mint green pearls.

I hope you like it and the challenge links are below, x

http://thepixiecottage.blogspot.com/2010/04/pixie-cottage-challenge-13-sketch-and.html

http://craftsandmechallenges.blogspot.com/2010/03/whoopee-our-1st-challenge-is-here.html

http://totallypapercrafts.blogspot.com/2010/04/challenge-10-lets-go-digital.html

http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/2010/04/simon-says-card-for-child.html

17 comments:

  1. Alison,
    I love this card!
    The image is so sweet and you did a fabulous job of the whole challenge!
    Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats adorable CB! Colouring is lovely and great flower arrangement, gorgeous hunny well done x

    Cya at Port Sunny :D

    Thanks for taking part in Crafts & Me's 1st challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that poor fairy has her work cut out for her- wonder if she's thought about eating some~then it'll weigh less! ;) very pretty card! i love the greenery and pearls extending from the flowers! thank you for playing with us at the pixie cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw such an adorable card, I love the image and beautiful colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts & good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is gorjus love the iamge you have used,and the cours are perfect too,great card,bless you for joining us over at Pixie cottage hope to see you again soon love hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the cutest little girl! Thank you for joining us this week at The Pixie Cottage.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alison
    aww gorgeous card, great image luv the papers & embelies, thank youfor joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one cute image. Love your flower arrangement. Thanks for joining Crafts and Me on our first challenge. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just beautiful! Adorable image and your floral spray with the pearls is stunning. Thanks so much for entering the Pixie Cottage challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card! The image is too cute =) Beautiful flowers and pearls. Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage this week!

    Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts with such a sweet card.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hiya

    fabulous card! I absolutely love this Mo image gorgeous colours, thanks for joining us at tpc this week

    Joey,x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this one too, Alison and the way you've used some sparklies on the icing on the cake. I haven't seen this image yet - looks like Mo's site could be due for a visit from me!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very cute!! Love that darling image the great colors, details and those flowers!! Thanks for joining us at Pixie Cottage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for making this adorable card for the Pixie Cottage challenge.
    Love it!
    ~Pam
    http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card fab image and colours. Thanks for joining Crafts and Me for our first challenge. luv gina xx

    I have a sweet pea stamp up for grabs on my blog if your interested.xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an adorable little image. She is soooo sweet. Love your coloring and dp choice. Thanks for joining us this week at the Pixie Cottage challenge.
    Denise
    Pixie Cottage DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated